Boston Semi Equipment (BSE) is a worldwide test automation products and service company. Our automation products include gravity and pick-and place handlers capable of handling a wide range of IC packages and applications. We also develop custom automation solutions to meet customers’ exact equipment requirements. As a global provider committed to delivering the highest caliber of services and solutions, BSE constantly seeks talented, creative professionals with a passion for excellence.
Why Work at BSE:
At BSE, we take pride in our employees as well as in the products and services we provide.Our Vision is to be recognized in the semiconductor industry as the most reliable, responsive, and innovative supplier of high-quality automation systems, technical services and expert solutions. We recognize the only way to achieve our Vision is to hire the best talent and develop this talent to allow us to reach our goals. At BSE, you’ll get the chance to make an impact and immediately be an integral part of our team, with the opportunity to advance your career using our specific career path model.
- Perform subassembly and final integration/assembly of capital equipment in support of manufacturing schedules.
- Review build documentation and recommend changes/improvements that lead to improved quality and efficiency.
- Inspect and/or test subassemblies prior to final integration.
- Demonstrated understanding of electro mechanical assemblies, documentation and required accuracy/quality.
- Ability to produce high quality work on a variety of products and assemblies.
- Must be capable of high flexibility /productivity with a variety of tasks and limited supervision
- Previous handler or equipment experience a plus
- Tech school degree or technical skills with potential to move to Final Test or Service also a plus
- Previous experience in an electro mechanical system assembly role or a combination of education and experience that would indicate that the individual can perform the job
- Build and test assemblies and subcomponents for Systems manufacturing group following manufacturing process documentation.
- Assembles and repairs precision electromechanical parts, assemblies, and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, precision instruments, test equipment.
- Basic understanding and use of Fluke meter, Optical power meter, Multi meter, DC power supply, Loctite/EFD dispensing units and optical cleaning devices.
- Solders and bolts electrical and electronic components in specified location on assembly per manufacturing process documentation.
- Completes/builds cables to print
- Completes point to point wiring in a sub assembly or system
- Installs wiring harness/cables
- Tests functional performance of completed electromechanical assemblies, using test equipment.
- Repairs, reworks, and calibrates assemblies to meet operation tolerances/specifications.
- Support new product prototype builds and refurbish components as assigned.
- Maintain accurate records to ensure Process and Assembly drawings are accurate.
- Maintain floor stock levels as required
· High school diploma with a minimum of 5 years of experience in electromechanical assembly, semiconductor equipment manufacturing a plus.
· Must have working knowledge of GMP and ISO manufacturing requirements and guidelines.
· Must have hands on experience with both mechanical and electrical assemblies.
· Must have a good understanding of electronics/electricity.
· Ability to solder
· Ability to work with very small components, this role requires fine motor skills and dexterity.
· Must demonstrate basic computer skills and ability to print documents from corporate network
· Must be a quality minded team player that takes the initiative to improve product and process performance
· Able to read, write and comprehend English and have basic math skills
· Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
· Must be able to independently follow instructions & directions
Job Type: Full-time