Boston Semi Equipment (BSE) is a worldwide test automation products and services company. Our automation products include gravity and pick-and-place handlers capable of handling a wide range of IC packages and applications. We also develop custom automations solutions to meet customer’s exact equipment requirements. As a global provider committed to delivering the highest caliber of services and solutions, BSE constantly seeks talented, creative professionals with a passion for excellence.
Why Work at BSE:
At BSE, we take pride in our employees as well as in the products and services we provide. Our Vision is to be recognized in the semiconductor industry as the most reliable, responsive, and innovative supplier of high-quality automation systems, technical services, and expert solutions. We recognize the only way to achieve our Vision is to hire the best talent and develop this talent to allow us to reach our goals. At BSE, you’ll get the chance to make an impact and immediately be an integral part of our team, with the opportunity to advance your career using our specific career path model.
To drive on-time delivery of a quality product the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will own the processes, methods, and documentation needed to assemble and test the product for one of BSE’s product lines. They will be the primary resource on technical issues for production assemblers and technicians as well as the main interface to engineering on the transfer of new designs to manufacturing. This includes ownership of and improvements to the Bill of Materials (BOM) for released products, the manufacturing process flow, and assuring that new designs are manufacturable.
Specific duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership of the Bill of Materials (BOMS) for released products to support production
- Initiate projects to restructure and improve the BOMs to support production efficiency
- Be the primary resource to resolve technical issues for production assemblers and technicians
- Own the processes, methods, and documentation required to assemble and test the product.
- Train production personnel on the manufacturing process
- Be the main interface between production and engineering on new product introductions
- Participate in engineering design reviews to assure that new designs are manufacturable
- Provide a strong focus on quality and participate in MRB meetings
- Review and approve all ECOs on your product line
- Participate in product cost reduction activities
- Initiate projects to improve manufacturability, quality, cost, and efficiency of production
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of manufacturing engineering experience at an industrial products or equipment company.
- Detailed understanding of mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills
- High energy and eagerness to drive the team to success
- Ability to manage and continuously improve processes
- Knowledge of and experience interacting with engineering, production, purchasing, planning, shipping/receiving, and the stock room
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent