Boston Semi Equipment (BSE) is a worldwide test automation products and service company. Our automation products include gravity and pick-and place handlers capable of handling a wide range of IC packages and applications. We also develop custom automation solutions to meet customers’ exact equipment requirements. As a global provider committed to delivering the highest caliber of services and solutions, BSE constantly seeks talented, creative professionals with a passion for excellence.
This is a senior position having primary responsibility for establishing the supply-chain function as an integral component of the Company’s operations, including establishing strategy, practices, and procedures that will support the Company’s promise to deliver high-quality products to its customers on time and meeting cost targets. The Director of Supply Chain Management will have direct oversight of the purchasing group and be responsible for supplier selection, relationships, and contracts as well as material planning and analytics to support the company’s shipment / inventory plan
- Direct the organization’s overall supply chain operations, including supplier management and purchasing of all materials
- Develop strategic plans to improve all aspects of material planning, purchasing, material cost, scheduling, and accuracy to ensure customer orders are fulfilled and shipped on time
- Leads efforts and strategy for supplier assessment, selection, relationships, negotiations and contractual agreements
- Utilize analytics to create and support a material plan and inventory forecast for stocking of long lead-time items and purchasing materials in the correct time frames to support shipments
- Implement a strong focus on material cost/pricing and product cost reduction efforts to improve product margins
- Develop methods and metrics for generating blanket orders and yearly supplier contracts based on demand and shipment plans
- Establishes, tracks, and reports on key metrics related to Supply Chain
- Routinely interact and integrate with senior management, operations management, and all internal stakeholders in matters related to material planning, supply, pricing, and availability
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of direct Supply Chain experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of Direct Supervisory experience.
- Current APICS or CPIM certification.
- Experience in Semiconductor equipment or other complex product business desired
- Ability to do financial and data analysis to assess suppliers and support business decisions on inventory investments
- Strong ERP software experience. Detailed understanding of system structure and transactions is required. Epicor experience desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong integration skills with senior management and cross functional stakeholders
- Advanced competency with Microsoft Office Excel desired
Location: Billerica, Massachusetts
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Operations
Classification: Exempt, salaried
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Candidate must be willing and able to work reasonable overtime hours.